Friday, June 22, 2012

Pirates, Pixie Dust, Lucky and HOPE!!

 
 Remember that blog I wrote a few weeks ago? About my Birthday wish? The way I was going to use my Disney Vacation Planning business to help St. Baldrick's Foundation Conquer Kids' Cancer?? The one that started like this... Since my business' name is Pirates and PIXIE DUST Vacations and I LOVE helping people to create MAGICAL Disney memories I thought it only fit to do something for my birthday that can spread Pixie Dust to families, like mine, that need it.

Well, I wanted to share with you my new friend... LUCKY!! Look at what the Graphic Artists at St. Baldrick's Foundation made for me to use with my Birthday Pixie Dust Promotion!! :) The St. Baldrick's Foundation Mascot is Lucky the Leprechaun and this is the best looking Lucky I've seen (and I've seen more than 70 of them!! lol)!I mean really, is it any wonder that I support them as much as I do?? On top of working daily to Conquer Kids Cancer for my son, Michael, and the 46 kids diagnosed with cancer every single weekday, they made this absolutely adorable Pirates and Pixie Dust Lucky JUST for me to use with my promotions!! :)

For any of you that haven't read my Birthday Wish Pixie Dust blog , I'll give you some info!! :) The St. Baldrick's Foundation is a volunteer-driven charity committed to funding the most promising research to find cures for childhood cancers and give survivors long and healthy lives. St. Baldrick’s Foundation currently funds more in childhood cancer research grants than any organization except the U.S. government. As a Volunteer Event Organizer (VEO) I, along with a committee of amazing family and friends, run an event in Rockaway Beach, NY. Last year our event raised over $128,000! I like to tell people we raised over 128,000 glimmers of HOPE for us and the other families who are in this battle with us. St. Baldrick's Foundation is best known for their world-wide signature head-shaving events where individual event where volunteers get bald to stand in solidarity with kids fighting cancer and raise money to support life-saving childhood cancer research.

I run one of these events in September along with the support of our wonderful family and some amazing friends. Our event is called Hope is in the (h)Air. This year we are holding our event on 9/15/2012 at Bungalow Bar & Restaurant in Rockaway Beach, NY. It's going to be another awesome day full of love, support, hope and in honor of 5 amazing kids! These kids are Mikey and his friends, Emily, Eddie, Ty and Evan. Evan passed away on April 16th so our day is not only in honor of these amazing 5 kids but in memory of Evan as well. So, in honor of my birthday (that has, by now, come and gone) I've decided to give myself a birthday present!

To spread some Pixie Dust and HOPE to our families... and to help St. Baldrick's Foundation make my WISH come true, here's my birthday present to me: For every Disney Vacation booked through Pirates and Pixie Dust Vacations between June 1st and August 30th, not only will you get my booking and planning services at NO cost to you but, I will donate 10% of that trip's commission to St. Baldrick's Foundation! I will get to do what I love, helping people plan MAGICAL Disney Vacations, while helping Mikey, his friends and all of the kids diagnosed with cancer have just a little more HOPE!

Don't forget to 'LIKE' my Pirates and Pixie Dust Vacations Facebook Page

With love & HOPE... and a little bit of Pixie Dust,

Chrissie

No comments:

Post a Comment