Monday, April 23, 2012

Just one Week...



In 7 days I'm heading to Walt Disney World by myself... yep, you read that right... BY MYSELF!! Yes, I know I have 3 kids and yes, I know I have a husband and friends and family members that could be coming with me but they aren't. I am going to take pictures and taste food that the kids wouldn't want to eat in restaurants that ::GASP!!:: have NO characters! I'm not planning in doing a lot of rides and meet a ton of characters... I'm walking around and taking in the 'street-mosphere' and getting tons of pictures to share with you here and on my Facebook page.

Part of the draw for me going this time of year is that I can spend a lot of time in Epcot. I happen to LOVE Epcot. While I do enjoy the attractions in Future World I miss World Showcase. Having kids too young to appreciate it and my middle guy having sun sensitivity and other health issues has prevented us from spending a whole lot of time in World Showcase the past 2 times we've been to WDW. My kids love the rides... I mean LOVE them... to the point that when we come home from Disney they act out the rides in the living room. They would rather spend the time on Peter Pan, Dumbo, Nemo, Test Track, Splash Mountain, Toy Story Mania than in the World Showcase. When they are with me, I go with it. Next week however...this is MY trip! :)

While Food and Wine Festival is my favorite time to be in Epcot, Flower and Garden Festival comes in a close second!! I can't wait to share all of the pictures of Disney Topiary that the Imagineering Team have created! I have seen so many amazing pictures from other Fairytale Journeys agents and other Disney blogs and sites that I follow so I'm even more excited than I was when I was planning my trip... and making changes... and planning some more! :) This week, I'm all about solidifying my dining reservations and making sure my tour times are all set! Don't worry, I'll fill you in on all my plans this week before I go! :)

If there's a Disney topiary that you would like a picture of please leave a comment here or go to my Pirates and Pixie Dust Vacation Facebook page by clicking HERE and let me know WHO or WHAT you would like to see in greenery!! Also, I've got reservations at Hollywood Brown Derby, Le Cellier, Les Chefs de France, Via Napoli, 'Ohana and Kona for an early morning Tonga Toast... is there a restaurant that you would like reviewed in that group? Is there a restaurant that I don't have a reservation for that I can try to get into and review for you?

Oh, and not to worry... I'll get all the scoop on the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland Expansion for you too!! :)

Can't wait to share my MAGICAL vacation with you!! :)

~~Chrissie

1 comment: