Saturday, July 21, 2012

Around the world in... ONE afternoon?!?!?!

I LOVE Magic Kingdom but almost as much as I LOVE Magic Kingdom, I love Epcot!! Where else can you travel around the world in one afternoon?!?!?! Walking the World Showcase is NOT something that should be skipped. I know, I know... but the kids will be bored. That's really not the case. Aside from the streetmosphere performers in every country there's the Epcot Kidcot stations in every country! Kids can stop and make crafts and get their Kidcot Passport stamped. Nope, there's no charge for the Kidcot stations. Can you say AWESOME FREE souven-ear for each child? :) Don't forget to see Mary Poppins in UK, Belle & The Beast in France, Mulan in China, Donald Duck in Mexico and more characters!! 
Did you know that there's also rides and shows in the countries? Yep, there are! The most popular rides are The Three Caballeros in Mexico & The Maelstrom in Norway. Stopping to see the Beatles Tribute Band in the UK section and the performers in Italy are good times! 
You can take the friendship boats across World Showcase Lagoon and get to either side of the American Pavillion which is right in the center of World Showcase or you can start at Mexico or Canada and work your way around!! Check out my pictures of my trip around the world that I took in one afternoon... 
I didn't take the Friendship Boats but this is what they look like. They're really convenient for strollers, wheelchairs and ECVs because you can just ride right on!! :) 

I started in Mexico! Yes, I went on The Three Caballeros ride!! :) And yes, I did have a Margarita! :) 

Ahhhh Norway, home of the Vikings... and The Maelstrom... and Akershus Princess Storybook Restaurant... and school bread... oh Norway, I love visiting you!

Ahhh China! Beautiful China! The Dragons, lanterns, performers and beautiful scenery are amazing!


Germany!! :) Home of Oktoberfest, Karamel Kuche, beer, and more!! 


Italia!! Wine, pasta, music, Murano... amazing!


The greatest nation in the world! America!! :) Right in the center of World Showcase!



Japan... sushi, beautiful flowers, bonsai trees, amazing architecture, Sake and Origami!

Morocco!! Belly dancing, couscous, beautiful tilework, amazing arches, henna and more!

France!! Escargot, Eiffel Tower, Ratatouille, Grey Goose Grand Marnier Slushies, beautiful music...



Ahhhh... the UK... Off Kilter... GO SEE THEM!! :) Beers, Rose & Crown, soccer and mor
Oh Canada! Canada 360, Le Cellier, beautiful buildings and more.. :) 








I hope you enjoyed just a few of my photos from My Afternoon Around the World and that you spend some time visiting these amazing 'countries' next time you're in Epcot!! :) 

Have a MAGICAL day!! 

With Happiness & Pixie Dust,
Chrissie



No comments:

Post a Comment